Wednesday, December 23, 2009

As Things Currently Are..

Just watched one of the most depressing news editions I’ve encountered lately. I guess none of this is new, but it’s overwhelming every time. The event was the Youth Zionist Congress in Kfar Saba. The content was sad.

“What is Zionism?” the reporter asks bluntly. “Zionism is us” a teenager girl answers assertively. Another says: “Zionism is making sure we are here to stay, in this land, and not letting .. err.. other people, divide it..”, the reporter adds: “you know some people might disagree with you definition..” and the teenager replies “could be..”. “If anyone is confused as to what exactly is Zionism, he can come to us, we’ll teach him from A to Z” says the representative of the Druze Zionist Organization (Sounds like an oxymoron to me..). “Can a Muslim be a Zionist?”, “I don’t really know…” says another Druze activist.

Blind patriotism. Everywhere. I’m not even talking about questioning oneself about identity and values. I don’t want to be pretentious. But seeing what the common teenager is thinking, from a close look, I know they can’t even justify what they’re saying. They attribute this supreme, invincible moral righteousness to themselves and to the Jews (Israelis, Jews, Zionists… of course they’re all synonyms for that matter) which leads them to believe Israel is not only the center of the Middle East (and the most developed, most cultural and most ‘Western’), but the center of the whole world. No further justifications are needed for anything except the Holocaust and the blood-thirsty Arabs.

I wish people started noticing things are a bit more complex than what they take them to be. That they face reality and understand what is going on around them. I’m trying, I think others around here should too.

2 comments:

  1. חחח מיתי שמת לב שהבלוג שלך נפל קורבן לפירסומי פורנו סיניים? :)

    ReplyDelete